English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Child's Dying Wish Going Unfulfilled!

2 posters

Go down

Child's Dying Wish Going Unfulfilled! Empty Child's Dying Wish Going Unfulfilled!

Post  salsagirl Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:07 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=4490468&page=1

"I am sorry for what I have done,'' he said. "I'm not asking to get out of my sentence — just to go from one place of imprisonment to another so I can be with my family,'' said Jason Yaeger. Yaeger is serving the final year of a five year sentence for a drug conviction in a minimum security prison camp in South Dakota, three and a half hours from his 10 year old daughter, Jayci. She was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer, who is not expected to live through the end of the month. Her wish is to have her father by her bedside when she dies.
Yaeger requested to be transferred to some place closer to his daughter under the “extraordinary” circumstances. However, officials denied his request because it does not meet the criteria.
I am not defending Janson Yaeger or anything. He should finish his sentence time but all what he is asking for to be transferred. I think he has the right to see his daughter and be next to her through this tough time. She’s ten years old and she will be gone in a heart beat and he will not be able to see her again. So why are they denying his request to be transferred somewhere closer? Why are they refusing the child’s wish? Especially that it is known how cancer patients need their loved ones around them because that usually makes the whole thing a bit easier on them!

salsagirl

Back to top Go down

Child's Dying Wish Going Unfulfilled! Empty Child's Dying Wish

Post  Andrew Abeare Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:03 pm

It’s pretty crazy that they wouldn’t allow a dying child’s wish to be with her father. It seems like pretty special circumstances that could allow for him to be transferred closer to his family, but unfortunately some people won’t bend the rules even for a dying child. It’s unfair that someone has the authority to determine what an extraordinary circumstance is and what isn’t. Of course it’s his fault for being in jail in the first place, but his daughter shouldn’t have to miss an opportunity to be with her father before she dies. Maybe they’ll reconsider their decision if this gains more attention.

Andrew Abeare

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum