English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clinton not going anywhere

3 posters

Go down

Clinton not going anywhere Empty Clinton not going anywhere

Post  kwest4 Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:47 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=3632626&page=1

Clinton is not dropping out of the race yet. She actually plans on not stopping her campaign until she wins herself the nomination. Clinton hopes to stay around to be voted by the democratic convention. She plans to hold through the next 10 primaries and waiting until we resolve Florida and Michigan. Obama supporters argue that she should just drop out of the race now, he has more delegates, and there isn’t a ways she can catch up. Although Clinton’s argument is that neither have reached the required goal of delegates yet. Surprisingly Clinton finds a supporter in her idea of continuing, Obama states that she should be able to run as long as she would like.
I think she should be able to run as long as she wants, and the race isn’t exactly over yet. I like the idea of the whole country actually getting a say in who will be the democratic nominee. I don’t always enjoy how it is only the very first and few primaries that decide normally. Although I do find that it sort of hurts the democratic as a whole. They have to candidates that are constantly putting each other down and a party that is split over their two nominees. Who ever does become the presidential candidate, they are going to have to do some serious damage control, because just about half the party did want them as the nominee. It will be interesting to see who it will become and what happens after one is actually decided. Although it is time for a democratic leader and it is predicted that there will be one, the way the party seems to be divided really could damage the party as a whole.
I also think that Florida and Michigan primaries should be counted or re-done, although they were dumb and decided to have theirs too early (our own fault). And on the electoral and delegate system, I think it is extremely out dated, they should at least base it off of percentages. Although in the race it would just make the numbers even closer.

Last edited by kwest4 on Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction in phrasing)

kwest4

Back to top Go down

Clinton not going anywhere Empty Re: Clinton Not Going Anywhere

Post  showard1 Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:55 am

I believe that Hillary Clinton should stay in the race until the end. People do not know what the out come is going to be until it is all said and done. Things may turn around for her yet. And if she did drop out what would people think of her then. Would she be a quiter as a president also? Know matter what, I think that we are going to be in for a history making year, whether it be Clinton or Obama. My only problem with Obama is that he is young and has not be a senator for that long so I do not think he has the experience that Hillary Clinton does.

showard1

Back to top Go down

Clinton not going anywhere Empty Re: Clinton Not Going Anywhere

Post  Eli Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:34 am

I think that Clinton should drop out of the race because its going to be harder for a democratic president to win! I think she should just gone head and drop out and let Obama do his thing. I really think that if Hilary Clinton do win the presidential election for the president of the u.s., she isn't going to do much, Bill Clinton is going to take over. His time was up and its time for someone else new to get in there and make a change. Anyway being president is more of an man's job not a woman. She should run for governor or mayor or something for a state/city.

Eli

Back to top Go down

Clinton not going anywhere Empty Re: Clinton not going anywhere

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down