English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro hits all time high against the dollar

Go down

Euro hits all time high against the dollar Empty Euro hits all time high against the dollar

Post  Toby Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:11 am

http://www.cnn.com/2008/BUSINESS/04/16/inflation.europe.ap/index.html

This is just a sign of the times, and the condition of the economy. Thanks to inflation being 3 times higher than expected 1 dollar in the U.S. now equals 1.579 Euros, which is actually surprising to me because I thought the dollar was so bad that Euros were actually worth more than the dollar but I was wrong, which is something you don’t hear me say allot. The feds have been cutting interest rates on just about everything to try you bring our economy back. All this started when President Bush got into white house (don’t tell anyone but I think he has something to do with all of this {saying this in a low whisper) another problem is we put almost our entire countries economy with the autoworkers. So GM basically messed us up because they priced themselves out of jobs (because the union kept wanting more the company had to raise their prices and people bought less car from them and because car companies buy parts from GM they had to raise their prices, and consumers had no other choice but to buy foreign made cars) That another thing that messed us up besides Bush. I just hope things get better soon.

Toby

Back to top Go down