English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiger Woods

3 posters

Go down

Tiger Woods Empty Tiger Woods

Post  Jnord Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:24 pm

Jim brown an ex National Football League player spoke out against Tiger Woods the other day. A Golf Channel telecaster said that Tiger’s opponents should lynch tiger because he is so good. Jim Brown said that Tiger should have come out and talked about how racist that telecaster was. Jim Brown said that Tiger should have stood up for African Americans around the world.

I think this is ridiculous. The lady said she did not mean anything by it. Tiger and she are friends and she would never want that to happen. She apologized to Tiger and he accepted the apology. I do not think it is Jim Brown’s business to get into. It had nothing to do with him and he has no reason to criticize anyone. I do see where he is coming from, but he is an outside opinion.

I don’t think that the announcer really wanted Tiger to be hung, so why would everyone take that out of proportion. I think this world is getting kind of ridiculous about how everyone takes everything so personal. On the race topic why does Jim Brown automatically come out saying that the announcer was being racist? I do not understand why when some one says something everyone in the world automatically goes to race.
http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3212224

Jnord

Back to top Go down

Tiger Woods Empty RE: Tiger Woods

Post  Eli Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:31 pm

I think that Tiger Woods should stand up for his self because he's a good black athelete making millions and you just can't sit there and don't do anything. Tiger Woods is a nice guy that doesn't bother anyone, who has a positive mind, real nice to people, and a good sports athelete, but there are always going to be some jealous or predjudice people around watching you do well rather you like it or not. So all Tiger Woods have to do is to stick up for himself, try not to let no one run off him and talk and don't do anything about it.

Eli

Back to top Go down

Tiger Woods Empty Re: Tiger Woods

Post  kennyc Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:50 pm

I think Tiger knew she didnt mean anything about the remark. Maybe it sounded better in her head or just came out the wrong way?? Tiger seems like the kind of guy that doesnt let too much bother him when he has his mind set on bigger things. Speaking of he has just been killing it this year. I realy think he will get the grand slam this year.

kennyc

Back to top Go down

Tiger Woods Empty Re: Tiger Woods

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down