English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Santana Moves on

Go down

Santana Moves on Empty Santana Moves on

Post  Jnord Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:57 am

“Johan Santana to the Mets”. If you do not know who he is and you do not follow baseball ill fill you in. He was a pitcher for the Minnesota Twins, a rival to the Detroit Tigers. This guy is called the best pitcher in baseball; he has won the CY Young Award the last two years (an award given to the best pitcher in baseball). The twins turned down two outstanding deals from the Yankees and the Red Sox for Johan. They waited so long to see if any better deals would come.
The Red Sox and Yankees said the only reason they wanted this pitcher was so that the other did not get him. Are you serious? Teams are signing players just so that their rivals won’t sign them? That is ridiculous. Johan is also expecting the biggest contract for a MLB pitcher. This contract is going to be around 6 or 7 years and well over the $100 Million mark. I tell you what, these contracts these days are getting out of hand. Some one getting paid over $100 Million to play baseball?
Don’t get me wrong I am happy to see him go to the Mets. This way the tigers wont have to see him on the Twins, Yankees, or Red Sox teams.

Jnord

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum