English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medical Marijuana Vending Machines

4 posters

Go down

Medical Marijuana Vending Machines Empty Medical Marijuana Vending Machines

Post  Andrew Bailey Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:42 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22910820/

As the article states, there is possible plans to place vending machines referred to as "PVM" (Prescription Vending Machines) all around Los Angeles, that will distrubute Marijuana in a secure, private and convienant method. These vending machines will provide 24-hour access to patients with an authorization card but will there be any sort of abuse with the use of pre-paid cards to purchase the marijuana? I believe that these machines could easily be taken advantage of, or the person in contract to keep these machines full and maintained may be at serious risk to be mugged. How many people in major cities are there that would try to take advantage of a person they found using one of these machines for actual medical use? There are many ways that this could end up very bad and very fast. While the DEA is already asking many questions and it is possible the vending machine could be shut down before it is even released on a wide scale, there are already at least three of these vending machines in use around Los Angeles. The security issues have already been solved they say. A security guard, authorization card and fingerprint are the 3 levels of security in place. I still believe there is just a lot of room for these to be abused. While the PVMs do seem like a wonderful idea because of the convenience, security and discretion for those who are in need and are prescribed marijuana for medical use. I just do not see how the convenience will outweigh the possible downfall.

Andrew Bailey

Back to top Go down

Medical Marijuana Vending Machines Empty Medical Marijuana Vending Machines

Post  BCheely Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:43 pm

I agree that there are lots of problems that could arise from having PVMs. I didn't realize very many people were prescribed medical marijuana. Does Michigan have laws against it? It seems like having PVMs is unnecessary. Do places like Amsterdam have problems? It might as well be legalized if there are going to be PVMs all over. There are pros and cons to everything though. I personally don't care if it is legalized or not. Either way if people want marijuana they will get it, legally or illegally.

BCheely

Back to top Go down

Medical Marijuana Vending Machines Empty marijuana vending machines

Post  sneubauer Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:57 pm

That is very interesting topic. It seems to me that the liberal California is making marijuana usage easier as time goes by. I do agree that with these “vending machines” will become exploited for marijuana undoubtedly. The security is a joke. You have to have these drugs locked down with people guarding them. A vending machine is too impersonal. Anyone with a card will be able to access these machines and there are too many credit card scams already. I think it is unsafe for the vender of the machine.I would venture to say that it will become available to many people who have a reasonable demand for marijuana.

sneubauer

Back to top Go down

Medical Marijuana Vending Machines Empty Re: Medical Marijuana Vending Machines

Post  Blondimom3 Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm

I agree with you. I think it will cause alot more problems and people who really want it bad enough will go to any lengths to get it. I dont have a problem with medical marijuana but I dont think it should be sold in vending machines. Nothing seems totally foolproof as they claim, but we shall see. My guess is that they wont last too long, but who knows. This world is getting crazier and crazier by the day.

Blondimom3

Back to top Go down

Medical Marijuana Vending Machines Empty Re: Medical Marijuana Vending Machines

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down