English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaquille O'Neal off to Phoenix

4 posters

Go down

Shaquille O'Neal off to Phoenix Empty Shaquille O'Neal off to Phoenix

Post  Andrew Abeare Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:54 pm

Heat trade Shaquille O'Neal to Suns

The news that shook the basketball world, Shaquille O’Neal is off to Phoenix to play with the Suns, possibly the final destination for his Hall of Fame career. Needless to say, Shaq and the Miami Heat were in the middle of a terrible season and it was apparent that something big had to happen, but few people could have foreseen something like this. The obvious decline in Shaq’s ability this season is expected at his age, but still disappointing to see from one of the game’s former best. So then, why the Suns would go through with this trade is questionable to say the least. Never mind that Shaq could barely keep up on the floor with the Heat this season because of age and injury, what do they expect him to do in the Sun’s up tempo offense? Shawn Marion has had some issues with his role in Phoenix, but I’m not entirely sure that sending him out for Shaq was the smart route to go. The only positive is the chance that the move to a talented team like the Suns will motivate Shaq enough to make another run for a championship. I’m definitely going to need to see for myself how the Suns are going to play when Shaq is on the court.

Andrew Abeare

Back to top Go down

Shaquille O'Neal off to Phoenix Empty dumb trade

Post  Jnord Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:50 am

I think this trade was dumb to be honest. The phoenix suns are a run and gun team. Now they take the least run and gun center in the league and add them to their team? It doesn’t make any sense. I know Shawn Marion wanted out of Phoenix but they could have at least got another player like him. I don’t think the suns will suffer from it because their team is so good already but I think that it was just a pointless trade. They love to have a clear lane to work with, and with Shaq in the lane that is defiantly not clear.

Jnord

Back to top Go down

Shaquille O'Neal off to Phoenix Empty RE: Shaquille O'Neal Off to Phoenix

Post  Eli Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:07 pm

I kind of think thats a good idea. Its going to help out the Suns alot because Stoudamire won't have to do much under the paint as much anymore. He's going to have more help. So they are going to dominate in the paint. No one in the West are going to stop them. I think they are going to make it to the playoffs and make it to the finals with either Detriot Pistons, or the Boston Celtics for the East for the NBA Finals. Shaq wasn't doing anything with Heat so its time for him to move on with a different team, and i think they made a good decision by switching him to Phoenix Suns and i think they are going to have a chance in winning the West.

Eli

Back to top Go down

Shaquille O'Neal off to Phoenix Empty Re: Shaquille O'Neal off to Phoenix

Post  kmouser Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:53 pm

i think that this trade is up in th air. the trainers at phoenix said that they could get shaq playing like he was twenty again. i know what most of you are thinking that the suns run and gun which they do but shaq their half court game was weak and now they have a true big man. Their half court defense will greatly improve but only time can tell so the best thing to do is sit back and watch the big man go to work.

kmouser

Back to top Go down

Shaquille O'Neal off to Phoenix Empty Re: Shaquille O'Neal off to Phoenix

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum