English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newly released movie "Jumper"

3 posters

Go down

Newly released movie "Jumper" Empty Newly released movie "Jumper"

Post  BCheely Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:40 pm

The movie “Jumper” is about a boy/man (Hayden Christensen) who can teleport anywhere around the world, as long as he has a reference point. He discovers his power at the age of 15. After robbing some banks he gets an awesome apartment and uses it as a sort of base while he teleports to different cities on whim.
However, there is a group of people who want all jumpers killed. (Hayden’s character thinks he’s the only jumper but eventually learns there are others and there have been for centuries) He teams up with another jumper to try and defeat the main bad guy (Samuel L. Jackson)

I don’t want to give the movie’s whole storyline away but I thought it was a good movie. It’s definitely a different concept than anything else that’s come out recently, a pleasant surprise. The settings were awesome.. Rome, Tahiti (I think), pyramids, even Detroit and Ann Arbor! Some pretty cool special effects with the worm-holes that are left when they teleport too. Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809721624/info

BCheely

Back to top Go down

Newly released movie "Jumper" Empty Re: Newly released movie "Jumper"

Post  Jnord Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:59 am

I have not seen this movie, but I heard from my best friend that it was a horrible movie and that he would never see it again. Give that he is not me, I still probably wouldn’t go see the movie. I usually judge the movie by what my friends think and by what I think.
This movie just looks ridiculous. I mean a guy like vanishing in thin air and coming up some other place? Come on now I like to see movies that are at least semi believable. I mean there are some movies that I like that aren’t 100% believable but this just pushes my limits.

Jnord

Back to top Go down

Newly released movie "Jumper" Empty RE: Newly released movie "Jumper"

Post  Eli Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:52 am

The movie Jumper show do sounds like it can be a good movie. I love all movies like that. Movies like Spiderman, Batman, Superman,. Super hero movies. Things that are not real, as fiction Sci-Fi movies. When I was little, i always wished or dreamed about flying. Those were the best dreams ever, those flying dreams, teleporting from state to state, i think thats pretty cool. Samuel Jackson is a really good actress, so i'm debating that's going to be a good Sci-Fi fictional movie.

Eli

Back to top Go down

Newly released movie "Jumper" Empty Re: Newly released movie "Jumper"

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down