English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Runaway teens found on Beach playing with seagulls........

4 posters

Go down

Runaway teens found on Beach playing with seagulls........ Empty Runaway teens found on Beach playing with seagulls........

Post  Blondimom3 Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:29 pm

I guess my question would be is..Where are her parents and why arent they monitoring what thier 13 year old is doing at all times. I just never understood why parents say " What can I do about it".............HUH? what do you mean what can you do about it. It seems like alot of parents these days are so wrapped up in thier own lives, they forget they have kids. There is no way my kids wouldve ever considered doing anything so stupid. If I were her parents, I would certainly be very happy that they found her, but I would make sure she knew that I was very upset at the same time. I just dont know what goes through some of these kids' minds anymore. I know kids are young and naive but come on parents, lets get with it and be a little more involved with our kids' lives. I also realize that kids will do stupid things at times but if they have the basics taught to them at an early age, they might just think twice about thier decisons.

Blondimom3

Back to top Go down

Runaway teens found on Beach playing with seagulls........ Empty Runaway teens found on beach

Post  showard1 Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:43 pm

[url]runaway teens found on beach[/url]
I agree with you. Where were both the parents. I have a twelve year old daughter and a
thirteen year old son, and I don't think either one of them would think about doing something like this. For one, I don't think they would even know how to go about getting
as far down the highway as these teens did. What were they thinking? Where did they
think they were going to get money to survive. I guess that is the problem, they weren't thinking. But for the parents now to want the media to leave them alone, did they just
expect them to walk away after they were found? They now want to broadcast the story
and the parents don't want any part of it. I think they all need help!

showard1

Back to top Go down

Runaway teens found on Beach playing with seagulls........ Empty RE: Runaway Teens Found on Beach

Post  Eli Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:44 pm

I can agree with you. To me, it seems like the parents didn't spend a lot of time with their children because if you spend a lot of time with them, they wouldn't do nothing stupid like that because they would know better after the talks. So what i would do if my kids gets out of line no more then one time, i would have a serious talk with them, and if that don't work, i will have to take off the belt, and trust me, it wouldn't look pretty. Now after all of that is done, i shouldn't have a problem with my kids or teenagers running off with a girl or a boy from state to state.

Eli

Back to top Go down

Runaway teens found on Beach playing with seagulls........ Empty Re: Runaway teens found on Beach playing with seagulls........

Post  salsagirl Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:58 pm

Parents should keep the eye on their kids all the time and keep telling them what is wrong and what is bad. I think the kids should be talked to about serious things like that consistently. Our lives are getting real busy, I understand that some parents have two jobs and can not constantly talk to their kids about serious issues like that all the time. However every parent should sit with their kids at least once a week and talk about things like that. Just have a talk and find out what their kids are going through and what’s going on in their heads.

salsagirl

Back to top Go down

Runaway teens found on Beach playing with seagulls........ Empty Re: Runaway teens found on Beach playing with seagulls........

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum