English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Eight Week Old Baby!

+3
kwest4
abuaita
salsagirl
7 posters

Go down

An Eight Week Old Baby! Empty An Eight Week Old Baby!

Post  salsagirl Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:47 pm

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=news/state&id=5908678

Okay!!! What would an eight week old daughter do to her dad to be burnt with a hand- held blow dryer? What was he thinking? Was he drunk or something?! Shawn Treadwell was arrested Sunday by Plymouth Township and charged with first degree child abuse.
Doctors at the University of Michigan Hospital in Ann Arbor called police after seeing the girl’s injuries. Police say she had second-degree burns to her face, and burn impressions from the end of a hair dryer’s metal grate also on her arm and leg. The newspaper reports that Treadwell is a four-time felon.
A FOUR-time felon for God’s sake, and his daughter is with him?!?! Where is the mother, can she trust this guy with her daughter! He’s a criminal and obviously out of his mind. Last year we hear about a mother microwaving her baby, others hitting their babies and now burning them! Is this ever going to end?! What happened to the people? What could those babies possibly do to be treated this way! And no matter what happened, the parents have no right to abuse their kids like this! This is ridiculous and unbelievable! I am glad the guy was charged with first degree child abuse.

salsagirl

Back to top Go down

An Eight Week Old Baby! Empty Re: An Eight Week Old Baby!

Post  abuaita Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:40 pm

I totally agree with you, that the father deserve the charges that he got from the court. What kind of a father he burn his eight weeks old daughter with a hair dryer. And what kind of mother put her baby in a microwave. What kind of religion they believe in to. I think they should get the highest charges in the court for that. Because they are human being how can’t they imagine themselves if somebody do the same thing with them. Why they doing that? If they can’t handle their expensive than why don’t they put them in foster homes?

abuaita

Back to top Go down

Post  kwest4 Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:24 pm

After I read the injuries to the baby I absolutely could not believe that this father was even allowed near the child. I find it so incredibly disturbing and sad that people like this are allowed near children, or even that they would think to do something like that to a child or anyone for that matter. There has to be some psychological abnormality with people who would do such a thing. I am glad he got the charge of first degree child abuse. I wonder what that entails? I hope it is jail time, psychological help, and something that doesn’t allow him near children.

kwest4

Back to top Go down

Post  lbourgeau Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:04 pm

Obviously there is some terribly wrong with people ignoring, hurting and toturing your own kids!- This is totally gross, this person has to be psychotic to even think about a living being. I'm mean this child could turn out to be you are me when they grow up and look what they have to look forward to there life, a bad relationship in family and scarred for life. Ick. I know the news likes to tell stories but in bad suberbs-all they bring out violent reports and about a baby makes me sick and depressed about people. Usually you can tell when someone needs help, I'm really sorry for kids that have to live with separated parents like myself.

lbourgeau

Back to top Go down

An Eight Week Old Baby! Empty A 8 week old baby

Post  showard1 Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:40 pm

I can not believe any one in the right mind could do this to any child especially their own and only eight weeks old. What could an eight week old possibly do to deserve this, maybe cry because it was hungrey or the diapers needing changed. What was so important to this father that he could not be bothered by this little baby. In my book, he
needs to be punished the same way he punished the baby, someone to little to realize what they were doing. Why do people have kids when they don't really want them. And shame on the mother for leaving the infant with that mad man.

showard1

Back to top Go down

An Eight Week Old Baby! Empty 8 Week old baby

Post  sneubauer Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:17 pm

This is absolutely tragic. This guy obviously has issues. I can’t believe that someone could do this to their child. If the guy is a 4 time felon how can our criminal justice system find him fit as a parent? This guy should be in jail. What could a baby do to ever make anyone think about doing something so hateful? He must like the fact that he has complete control over something and once he found something that he could have control over this guy went over the edge. What the hell is wrong with people now days? It seems like 10 years ago you never heard about this kind of stuff.

sneubauer

Back to top Go down

An Eight Week Old Baby! Empty Child abuse

Post  Blondimom3 Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:35 pm

Child abuse is an ongoing concern and I dont think it will ever end. You hear of it so often and it just makes me very sad. Some people that are parents certainly dont deserve to be, and then you have others that cant have children and would do almost anything to get one. I also think that the CPS should be a little more concerned. I myself have reported child abuse and it never went anywhere. Along with 2 others reporting the same case....and to think that nothing was done makes me sick. This was in Florida and not here in Michigan. So many children are abused to the point of death or serious injuries. Its jsut horrible.

Blondimom3

Back to top Go down

An Eight Week Old Baby! Empty Re: An Eight Week Old Baby!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum