English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Sox-Athletics season-opening series in Japan sold out

3 posters

Go down

Red Sox-Athletics season-opening series in Japan sold out Empty Red Sox-Athletics season-opening series in Japan sold out

Post  Jnord Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:07 pm

I think this is sp stupid. I hate that the American based league is taking games away from the fans in the United States and putting them in different countries. They are doing this is football as well. I know that there are many different nationalities in all sports; but come on these are teams owned in America and people here want to watch them. It is not call Americas past time for nothing.
This is a great way for publicity; do not get me wrong I can see how they are going to bring in some cash. It is just that they have their own sports and their own professional leagues. You do not see us wanting all the English soccer teams to come here and play. I know we take their players but we don’t want their teams here. Not only are the fans losing one game to watch but the team is losing a lot of money by taking a home game away from one of the respected teams.
I just think it is not right and I would like to see it to where they keep all the games here. There is nothing wrong with people from other countries to fly here to see them game.

Jnord

Back to top Go down

Red Sox-Athletics season-opening series in Japan sold out Empty Red Sox and A's in Japan

Post  Andrew Abeare Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:58 pm

I understand what you’re saying, but it doesn’t really bother me. As a business, it’s a good opportunity to expand in areas where people want to see MLB teams play in person but don’t always have the opportunity to. The Red Sox are a good choice with the popularity of Daisuke and winning the WS. I wouldn’t want to watch an English soccer team play, but I don’t really like watching anyone play soccer. However, I’d gladly pay to watch a NPB (Nippon Professional Baseball) game here in the States. The MLB season is long enough that I don’t think it’s really taking much away from fans here. It might be more of a problem with football since they play so few games. Also, maybe it’s just me, but the A’s are kind of boring anyway.

Andrew Abeare

Back to top Go down

Red Sox-Athletics season-opening series in Japan sold out Empty Re: Red Sox-Athletics season-opening series in Japan sold out

Post  kmouser Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:26 pm

There are 162 games in the season of professional.if the red-sox want to take a game where the fans are just as excited and where they dont get to see big time players whats the big dea. It's not like the boston fans are going to miss every game.i think they should go over there more often. They can make the sport bigger across the globe and make more money.The money is a big part to. The team wants to make all that money where baseball is big in demand but low in supply.

kmouser

Back to top Go down

Red Sox-Athletics season-opening series in Japan sold out Empty Re: Red Sox-Athletics season-opening series in Japan sold out

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down