English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NATO and rated R movies.

3 posters

Go down

NATO and rated R movies. Empty NATO and rated R movies.

Post  salsagirl Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:22 am

Rhys Southan is associate entertainment editor for the daily Texan, the student newspaper of the University of Texas. Southan thinks that young people should not be barred from R-Rated movies. He claims that the decision is in the parents’ hands rather than the National Association of Theater Owners (NATO). To him an R-rating is too broad to take seriously, and the terms “ Violence, language, nudity, sensuality and drug abuse” would leave a lot to the imagination.
Supporting Jim Judy, Southan says that “No two children are alike,” basically some children will be able to handle things that others’ in the same age would not be able to. Therefore they can not have that law. Also Southan mentions how children might see more horrific scenes on TV and heard bad language anywhere else. Therefore, in his opinion those are not enough reasons for NATO to come up with this law.
Personally I do not support Southan, because no matter how different children thinks and no matter what they can handle or not, they are still children. It is true that children might see things on TV that are similar to what a rated R movie includes. However, People complain about that all the time, and they say the media should pay a close attention to what they view on TV. Therefore, the point here is to reduce that problem rather than making it worse, and give young people the freedom to watch whatever they want, and thing they’re not ready for yet.

salsagirl

Back to top Go down

NATO and rated R movies. Empty RE: NATO and rated R movies.

Post  Eli Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:14 pm

I think thats a good topic to talk about because there's alot of negative things that people can say about rated R movies and NATO. I kind of agree with you about those comments you had with rated R and NATO. Some people who has small children shouldn't let them watch those 2 kinds of programs because alot of them deals with drugs, sexual activities, and bad language and your children could pick up on those things. So I think thats a good topic you can talk about.

Eli

Back to top Go down

NATO and rated R movies. Empty Re: NATO and rated R movies.

Post  brandonstaley Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:42 am

The topic at hand is defiantly a good one to dispute. Though if this is a summary it is only supposed to be about what the author said and after summarizing what they said in the next paragraph, you then state your opinion. You did a good job with using quotes and stating who the authors were. I think that this will eventually generate a great paper. This is a great topic to discuss.

brandonstaley

Back to top Go down

NATO and rated R movies. Empty Re: NATO and rated R movies.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum