English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 in 200 million!!!

3 posters

Go down

1 in 200 million!!! Empty 1 in 200 million!!!

Post  salsagirl Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:02 pm

The parents, Tom and Allison Penn from Long Island, NY welcomed their three identical triplets; Logan, Eli and Collin on Thursday, February 27, at 3 p.m. This event described by officials at North Shore University Hospital as 1 in 200 million. The boys are in excellent health and were able to go home with their mother shortly after delivery.
Dr. Victor Klein is the one that delivered the triplets and he said the birth is the first time he has seen three identical babies born from one embryo. Although the triplets were conceived using in vitro fertilization, which often produces multiple births, he observed that most multiple birth cases result from embryos with separate placentas.
The couple tried to avoid having multiple births by artificially fertilizing only a single embryo, however, that single embryo split twice and the three fetuses shared a single placenta. Is not that amazing?!Very Happy
The couple can not tell the triplets apart, therefore, they painted their sons’ fingernails a different color so they will not mix up their identities 
This couple is gifted really! I wish them all the best, and I am glad the hospital is donating a two year baby supply for the couple, because they need a big amount of money to support their three babies.

salsagirl

Back to top Go down

1 in 200 million!!! Empty Re: 1 in 200 million

Post  showard1 Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:46 pm

Congradulations to the happy couple. Better them than me! They will have their hands full for many years to come. I can't imagine having three kids that all look the same. It is fine to paint their fingers now, but when they get older I doubt that they will go for that. Can you imagine the fun that they will have when they get in high school and college. If each of them excel in different subjects they can cover for the other two and get good grades in all their subjects. I wish them luck. That is a big expense when times are so hard for so many people right now.

showard1

Back to top Go down

1 in 200 million!!! Empty Re: Big Project in Genesee County

Post  showard1 Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:53 pm

It seems like over this past winter the pot holes have really gotten worse than in past years. Miller Road is no exception. I realize it is not going to be a good situation for all the businesses along that stretch of the road, but my thing is do they have to tear the whole road up at one time. They could do it in sections so they would not lose business in all the stores for the whole time. Most people don't have much money to spend right now anyways so maybe it will be completed by the time the economy gets a little better.

showard1

Back to top Go down

1 in 200 million!!! Empty Re: 1 in 200 million!!!

Post  Toby Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:27 pm

Wow 3 identical triplets, now that is a real sight. Wow, 1 in 200 million that is really rare, congrats to the parents. Although instead of painting their toenails a different color I would probably stamp their foreheads, that way it would have been easier to see. When the kids get older and their wearing shoes how will they be able to tell between the 3. Or a better idea the parents could get the names tattooed on their arms. Although I don’t think they would be able to tattoo newborns but it was just an idea. The thing where the hospital is donating 2 year baby supply now that is generous.

Toby

Back to top Go down

1 in 200 million!!! Empty Re: 1 in 200 million!!!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum