English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland police caught speeding on camera refuse to pay tick

+2
Jnord
Lsweet1
6 posters

Go down

Maryland police caught speeding on camera refuse to pay tick Empty Maryland police caught speeding on camera refuse to pay tick

Post  Lsweet1 Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:06 pm

Maryland police officers are refusing to pay dozens of $40.00 speeding fines. In the last eight months of 2007, Montgomery County's new speed cameras recorded 224 cases in which police vechiles were recorded traveling more than 10mph over the speed limit. Supevisiors dismissed a lot of the citations because the officers said that they were responding to calls or had valid reasons to break the speed limit. I never knew police officers had a speed limit especially when they have to chase someone down.Second of all police officers of all people know that there are guidelines that's suppose to be met because it's part of their job to serve and protect and be honest.

Lsweet1

Back to top Go down

Maryland police caught speeding on camera refuse to pay tick Empty Re: Maryland police caught speeding on camera refuse to pay tick

Post  Jnord Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:56 pm

I think this is a bunch of bull. I mean I will be driving down the road and I will be speeding like 5 over. I see a cop so I slow down and I go the speed limit. Yet they are just driving casually and they are going 10 over. Yet no one can say anything to them. What an abuse of power. Well I guess if I had a crappy job that paid dirt and was always In risk of losing my job I would take advantage of the perk too. haha I mean what else can explain why they speed?

Jnord

Back to top Go down

Maryland police caught speeding on camera refuse to pay tick Empty Re: Maryland Police Caught Speeding

Post  showard1 Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:53 am

I believe that police officers speed all the time. I honestly feel that they feel they are above the law and do not have to follow the guidelines that everyone else has to. I think that it is a natural high for them to go speeding through the streets even when it is not necessary. How many times have you been stopped at an intersection at a red light and a police car pulls up without the flashers going, they slow down, look both ways, turn the flashers on, and go on through the intersection, then turn the flashers off. They are probably all laughing at how they just got ahead of all those people that do have to follow the law.

showard1

Back to top Go down

Maryland police caught speeding on camera refuse to pay tick Empty Maryland Police Caught Speeding

Post  abuaita Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:09 am

I agree with you. I always drive about 5 to 10 miles over the speed limit on the highway. And a lot of times police cars pass me flying like they are doing 50 over the speed limit. Last month I got pulled over for passing a yellow light and the next day at night I saw a cop passing a red light without even his flasher light on. I think there should be somebody can get to those cops. Because it is not fair.

abuaita

Back to top Go down

Maryland police caught speeding on camera refuse to pay tick Empty RE: Maryland Police Caught Speeding

Post  Eli Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:42 pm

I think that they need those types of camera's in Flint because i see alot of Flint Police trucks speeding all the time so they can get tickets. Since everyone else have to go by the speeding miles, then the police have to go by the speeding miles, police or not if there's no emergrency for it. When i drive i only drive just five over, but sometimes i watch myself going more then 5 over and i try and slow down as quick as possible. I think they should have left the speed limit stay when it was you could go 10 miles over the speed limit instead of 5, but you have good points though.

Eli

Back to top Go down

Maryland police caught speeding on camera refuse to pay tick Empty Maryland Police Caught Speeding

Post  kwest4 Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:06 pm

I think it is crazy that cops are trying to get out of speeding tickets. They may ‘be the law’ but they aren’t above it. I just can’t believe that many of them are getting out of it. I do admit myself to going at least 10 over, but according to what is shown the cops were going over it, and I am sure a decent amount. I do find it to be a little frustrating to find cops speeding around all the time and going through traffic lights, and I know it isn’t always to answer a call, or ‘keeping and eye’ on someone.

kwest4

Back to top Go down

Maryland police caught speeding on camera refuse to pay tick Empty Re: Maryland police caught speeding on camera refuse to pay tick

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down