English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox Refuses To Pay FCC Indecency Fine

Go down

Fox Refuses To Pay FCC Indecency Fine Empty Fox Refuses To Pay FCC Indecency Fine

Post  Andrew Abeare Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:17 pm

Fox Refuses To Pay FCC Indecency Fine

I guess this counts as news, even though it seems kind of stupid to me. If I understand the situation correctly, the FCC fined the Fox network in 2004 for airing an episode of a cancelled reality show that showed censored nudity. Last month, now 4 years later, the FCC decided to reduce the amount of the fine, but the Fox network still refuses to pay. Currently, Fox is battling 2 other fines in the Supreme Court. It seems to me that a lot of networks show censored nudity these days; most people might not even notice or care. That’s the point of being able to censor media, so you can censor things like nudity and protect people from the things that they want to see. Is it really necessary for the FCC to acknowledge this fine 4 years later? I imagine that most people don’t even remember the show, and Fox seems pretty adamant about not paying the fine anyway. Is this going to end up in the Supreme Court also, so it can waste more time and money? It seems like it would be more efficient to just drop insignificant violations like these instead of dragging them out for 4 years.

Andrew Abeare

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum