English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cedar Fest Party!

2 posters

Go down

Cedar Fest Party! Empty Cedar Fest Party!

Post  salsagirl Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:42 pm

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=news/state&id=6066037
Wow…police used tear gas; arrested 52, ticketed 48 and many people got injured in what the police called a riot last Saturday and early Sunday.
It all started with what they call it a Cedar Fest party in E. Lansing. About 3,000 to 4,000 people gathered for this event. This event was ended years ago because of past problems, the city and Michigan State University warned people on Friday to stay away and not to participate in this event. However, people and many students of Michigan State University did not listen, even though many students from the University were arrested because of this event in past years.
Like in 2005 police arrested 42 people, in 1999 property damage was estimated at up to $500,000 and 132 people were arrested among them were 71 Michigan State Students. In addition to some problems that happened in 2000 and 2001.
I really do not understand why people look for problems, especially university students, what is so special about this event that people put their selves in a position where they might get hurt or arrested. If the city end this thing for their benefits and to stay on the safe side why do people and especially students do not listen and fight it.

salsagirl

Back to top Go down

Cedar Fest Party! Empty Re: Cedar Fest Party!

Post  Jnord Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:35 pm

This is crazy. I know Michigan State University is a big party school but come on. Its cool to have huge parties, all school do but this got kind of out of control. The Spartans needs to get themselves under control. I am a huge Michigan state fan and I even think this is kind of crazy.
When they have to use tear gas on people this is taking it too far. My buddy goes there and he is a 4. student in high school and he parties so much that he doesn’t go to school. I mean he is still getting over a 35 in college but he needs to keep going to class.

Jnord

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum