English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas prices climb with no end in sight

+2
sneubauer
Toby
6 posters

Go down

Gas prices climb with no end in sight Empty Gas prices climb with no end in sight

Post  Toby Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:21 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/04/22/gas.prices/index.html

Once again I get to rant about the price of gas. The national average for gas is $3.50 cents a gallon it was 3.26 a month ago and a year ago it was $2.85. Is there any thing we can do? California is the highest in the nation with $3.86 a gallon, this is just rediculus. And I think gas just went up today. Were really gonna be hit hard during the middle of spring and during the summer with no end in sight. The funny part is gas never really started to go up until President Bush got into office. Gas has doubled ever since he took office in 2001, its just sad. You people who are conservative repuclican can blame the opac nations all you want while the rest of us will be living in reality knowing why the price of fuel in the U.S. is so high. I know were not the highest in the world but or economy is horrible. No one can afford anything. No one can even buy or sell a house. Tourism this year is gonna be horrible I think Im just going to stay home.

Ps. I dont really know if I should do this but if you like my rants on here you should check out my blogs on my myspace page. Go to myspace.com/legendarytoby while your there you should answer my questions of the week. Once again I make another cheap plug on a website for my blogs

Toby

Back to top Go down

Gas prices climb with no end in sight Empty gas

Post  sneubauer Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:56 am

Gas prices suck. Last year oil was $50 dollars a barrel and now it as of Friday was $113. Gas is so expensive and yet there is nothing we can do about it. George Bush is screwing the citizens with these high prices. Mean while Exxon Mobile posts record profits for 2007. It is all political bs. And getting angry about the prices does nothing. We have to stop our oil addiction but there is nothing we can do about it either pay it or walk. I hear that gas will be $4 a gallon by memorial day that is rapidly closing.

sneubauer

Back to top Go down

Gas prices climb with no end in sight Empty RE:Gas prices climb with no end in sight

Post  Eli Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:39 am

You know, you're really right because i just got some gas today before coming here, and gas was $3.59. I feel really sorry for some people who pays for gas with silver/utra, mid range and premuim, because their gas is very high. I supprise that diesel got up that high because back in the day, diesel used to be very cheap, but now its more than regular gas. You have a good point, because every since George W. Bush got into office, gas prices shot up, so i'm just hopping whom ever gets into office that those gas prices would drop.

Eli

Back to top Go down

Gas prices climb with no end in sight Empty re: gas prices rising to high

Post  Lsweet1 Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:10 pm

I must say I agree about those gas prices rising every week. I remeber when gas was .99 cent a gallon. I know I will never see those prices again. Yes Bush is the reason for the price of gas, and before it is over we will be paying $4.00 a gallon because today gas is $3.66 a gallon. I bet when Hillary becomes president we will see a decrease in gas prices. That's why I voted for her because when her husband was in office seemed like things went well. So I know she will be good. Because I drive a suburban and $10.00 dollars a day is doing nothing but keeping me broke. Sad

Lsweet1

Back to top Go down

Gas prices climb with no end in sight Empty Gas prices climb

Post  Andrew Abeare Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:16 pm

It’s almost not worth it to drive anywhere anymore unless you really have to. Eventually you’re going to have to drive somewhere, like school or work, but I try to conserve everything I can now. I’d rather bike to some places if I lived closer to anything, or had a bike, but instead I get to drain money in my car. You think about people who really can’t afford $4/gallon and wonder what, if anything is going to happen to lower gas prices. It’d be nice to think that a change in political power could be the answer to the problem.

Andrew Abeare

Back to top Go down

Gas prices climb with no end in sight Empty hello

Post  loverinrain Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:54 pm

hello,everyone!

loverinrain

Back to top Go down

Gas prices climb with no end in sight Empty Re: Gas prices climb with no end in sight

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down