English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it ever going to end?!

2 posters

Go down

Is it ever going to end?! Empty Is it ever going to end?!

Post  salsagirl Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:50 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080122/ap_on_re_af/congo;_ylt=AjX1AIleJQWeiuwirDN4m7IDW7oF

Every time I turn on the TV to some news channel, I hear about people dying in Africa, the Middle East etc…because of war and conflicts. In Congo, Senegal about 45, 000 people die EACH month; this is a ridiculously huge number.
An estimated 5.4 million Congolese died between 1998 and April 2007 because of conflict, most from the uncontrolled disease and food shortages stemming from fighting. The vast majority of deaths were from nonviolent causes, such as malaria, diarrhea, pneumonia or malnutrition. Outbreaks of easily treatable diseases like measles and whooping cough have been a major killer of children in Congo, a nation the size of Western Europe.
The government and representatives from armed groups active in eastern Congo had said that they had agreed in principle to the deal to end decades of conflict and expected to sign the document by late Tuesday. Unfortunately the plan faltered during discussions over amendments that dragged on into Tuesday evening.
So they still did not agree! Well hopefully they will soon or otherwise the whole nation will be dead! This is a very serious issue and people should not wait. As soon as the agreement is settled the government will have a tough road ahead to save the majority of the sick people and according to statistics there are plenty of them!

salsagirl

Back to top Go down

Is it ever going to end?! Empty Is it ever going to end?!

Post  lbourgeau Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:29 am

Lol, I agree to the point of desperate controversy, the media only wants attention. Always will, always has and that may never again change. Why can't we all just get along and pray for world peace instead of death and destruction. We're all going to die someday and they complain about the presidential election for this year and Britney Spear's every motive in life. Honestly that's serious topics and a bunch of boloni. I hate politics, they're crude, dishonest, scary and over minded people. All they care about is more money. I hope the media doesn't turn into hollywood.

lbourgeau

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum