English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Would You Spend the Tax Rebate?

3 posters

Go down

How Would You Spend the Tax Rebate? Empty How Would You Spend the Tax Rebate?

Post  showard1 Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:48 pm

www.mlive.com

How would you spend the tax rebate? That is a good question. I know that the President is hoping for everyone to run right out and spend everything that they get. There are alot
of people (especially in this area) that are out of work and have been out of work for quite
some time. They are probably thinking about stocking up on food or getting some of the
basic necessities that they have been going without for a while. I personally have been out of work for almost a year and things are tough. The last thing that I am thinking about doing is running out and putting the money into something I don't really need. I will be saving it for something that I need. With the economy going the way it is and the jobs
in this area are not that easy to come by, people need to hold the money until it is really needed. I know that is defeating the purpose of the bill but, if people go out and spend it
all right when they get it that will be great for the time being but what happens after everyone spends their money? It sounds like a short term fix to me!

showard1

Back to top Go down

How Would You Spend the Tax Rebate? Empty Tax rebate

Post  Blondimom3 Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:18 pm

Well, I must agree with you. I dont think everyone is gonna run right out and go shop either. Its not really a big amount of money and its not really gonna make much of a difference to me. Chances are it will probably go on my children anyway. Im a single mother of 3 daughters and Im quite grateful that our President is doing something like that. Its probably just a guilt thing for him anyway, trying to make up for some of his stupidity and trying to change our minds about him, perhaps. Who knows what his motive is but somewhere, somehow, im sure it benefits him in some foolish way.

Blondimom3

Back to top Go down

How Would You Spend the Tax Rebate? Empty re: Tax Rebate

Post  Lsweet1 Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:25 pm

I agree noone is going to run out and go shopping. I'm also a single mother of four and I'm not working. I plan to pay bills and spend it on my kids like I do any other moneys. Who yeah don't forget we have to pay for that high priced gas. That's what I'll keep the money for. But I do appreciate the extra change because I could use any moneys coming from anywhere. Maybe Bush is thinking he's doing something big on his way out of office. Something we could remember him by. The only thing we could remember him by that was good. But none the less I do appreciate it. pale

Lsweet1

Back to top Go down

How Would You Spend the Tax Rebate? Empty Re: How Would You Spend the Tax Rebate?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum