English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Idol

+2
Blondimom3
showard1
6 posters

Go down

American Idol Empty American Idol

Post  showard1 Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:31 am

What do you think about another singer from the Genesee County area making it to Hollywood?
Will she be another Lakisha? I don’t know how those people can go in front of Simon and put
Up with his rude comments every week. Has anyone every heard Simon sing? I would like to see
Him one week just sing in front of a panel with no music and sing a song. I don’t think that he could
Do it. He’s quick to throw people out of the audition room but hardly gives any credit to people
Giving it their all. I have to hand it to the women from Grand Blanc and I wish her well. Hopefully,
She will be the next American Idol . It would be great publicity for the Genesee County area if
Someone from are area did become the next American Idol. Look at all the functions Flint was
Holding on a weekly basis when Lakisha was in the running. There was mini American Idol contests
All over the place. It is good to see so many people get involved but I think it is giving false hope
To some of those kids that can’t sing and people telling them that they can. After all there is only
One winner.

www.flintjournal.com

showard1

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty American Idol

Post  Blondimom3 Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:44 am

I certainly wish I had the talent to sing . I like to do it but I am not good at it. I dont know how those people can sing in front of Simon either, he is rude and arrogant and he would probably make me cry or make me want to hit him......We all know that Genesee County could use all the help it can get with publicity.

Blondimom3

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post  BCheely Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:51 am

Sure Simon is mean, but he is also honest. People know before they audition in front of him that there is a good chance he will say something rude unless they’re good. How many times have you watched the show and agreed with what he had to say but wouldn’t say it yourself because you feel bad for the person? I like Simon because he doesn’t mess around and he is totally upfront with each and every person who auditions. If you’re a bad singer then you’re a bad singer. I give props to Simon to telling those people the truth.

BCheely

Back to top Go down

Post  k_see Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:36 pm

I think it's great that people are brave enough to go on the show and try out. Even if they are bad it still takes guts! But those people that are horrible singers... I don't know how they can think they sound good. But- those that don't realize it and put their whole heart into it, and are trying to be serious about it- should not be laughed at. I think it's fine when the judges tell them they can't sing, but when they just sit there and laugh at the person, I think it's just plain mean. I feel bad for them when they're just standing there like, heartbroken.. That's the only thing that bothers me.

k_see

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty American Idol!

Post  salsagirl Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:38 am

It would be great if Genesee County area makes it to Hollywood! I remember how the show was talked about all the time at school and work! People were always excited for the show and to see who goes home! When Lakisha was on the show, I agree with you, Flint was totally different. People used to gather in public places to watch the show together, which I think is a great idea.
About Simon, I know he is mean and all! However he says the truth! If he say the negative things in a friendly way it would not affect the competitors as much as when he say it in a mean kinda way! If you know what I mean!

salsagirl

Back to top Go down

Post  kmouser Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:53 pm

I would just like to say i loath American idle. I hate the fact that it takes good time off the t.v. I wish every time it comes on that the ratings fall so they will cut the show. But we all know that for some reason people go crazy for American idle like the little girl who started crying when the one guy started singing. Plus Simon isn't a singer he is a producer he has the ability to find talent he dosen't have it.

kmouser

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum