English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michigan toddler shoots herself in the head

+2
Toby
Eli
6 posters

Go down

Michigan toddler shoots herself in the head Empty Michigan toddler shoots herself in the head

Post  Eli Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:23 am

3-year-old girl shot herself in the head yesterday afternoon while playing with a loaded gun inside her family's Detroit home, local news organizations report.
"The girl found the handgun, reportedly owned by one of her parents, and shot herself in the right side of the head," our corporate cousins report in The Detroit Free Press. "At least one of her parents was home at the time of the shooting." The Detroit News says the girl is in critical condition. Last week, we told you about a first-grader who brought two loaded handguns to class. Now my request about this article is that i feel so sorry for the family. I know they were all hurt by this tragedy and i feel very bad that something like that even happened.My questions are, were was the parents at the time to even let a 3 year old get to a gun. Where did she find the gun? When you ever have guns or any kinds of weapons around the house with someone that young, you need to put things like that in very safe and high places in the house so they can't reach it at all times. Another thing is to not let them see you with it or were you place it at. Always make sure someone is up and around a child at all times. I think the parents was on drugs or either careless but i feel sorry for all family members.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/04/mich-toddler-sh.html?csp=34

Eli

Back to top Go down

Michigan toddler shoots herself in the head Empty Re: Michigan toddler shoots herself in the head

Post  Toby Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:17 pm

This article is just sad.... How could a 3 year old get a hold of the gun? I think in incidents like this the parents will be charged with some kind of crime, most likely negligence or something like that. Even if they dont get that much time in prison, they have their kids death on their conscience. The world now days is just awful. I feel bad for the parents because it was their kid who shot herself and it was their fault. If the parents were on drugs the charges will be alot worse than if it was just negligence, i think.

Toby

Back to top Go down

Michigan toddler shoots herself in the head Empty Michigan toddler shoots herself in the head

Post  kwest4 Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:59 pm

I find stories like this to be so tragic, but then it causes me to think, how can that be possible? We hear about accidental shooting or children by children, or mentioned at the end of the article, that children bring loaded guns to school. It is sad that, I am sure in almost every case that these ‘accidents’ are caused with their parent’s weapon. Not getting too far into gun control laws a situations, but it just goes to show how ignorant and irresponsible people have such easy access to deadly weapons!! It outrages me that these incidences can happen. How can adults be so irresponsible? To allow easy enough access for young children to get a hold of deadly and LOADED weapon.

kwest4

Back to top Go down

Michigan toddler shoots herself in the head Empty Re: Michigan toddler shoots herself in the head.

Post  Lsweet1 Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:55 pm

That's a shame to have to hear about a toddler shooting themself. What is wrong with parents these days? They don't deserve to have kids. I never aloud my boys to play with toy guns nor did I buy them. These days you have to be careful how you handle those deadly weapons. To many kids are getting a hold of their parents weapons. What's the problem you don't know how to store it in a better place? Evidently not. I feel sorry for the family. It's a good thing she didn't kill herself. All parents that have weapons in there homes maybe need to take some kind of safety classes. On how to store those deadly weapons.

Lsweet1

Back to top Go down

Michigan toddler shoots herself in the head Empty Re: Michigan toddler shoots herself in the head

Post  salsagirl Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:53 pm

I can not believe this, after all the stories I hear I think people should not be allowed to have weapons at home! Young people shot each other while playing with weapons at home before, others took the weapons to school as you mentioned and now a three year old girl shot herself in the head! This is really scary, I feel bad for the family and sorry for the girl to have such careless parents. Where were they for God’s sake? And why was the gun in a place easy to reach by the girl? After all I hope the girl gets better!

salsagirl

Back to top Go down

Michigan toddler shoots herself in the head Empty Re: Michigan Toddler Shoots Herself in the Head

Post  showard1 Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:41 am

I have very little sympathy for the family of this little girl. Don't get me wrong, and think that I am a cold hearted person or anything because I am not. I just can't imagine a little child getting their hands on a gun let alone a loaded gun. They say one of the parents were in the house at the time that this happened so what were they doing? Obviously not paying any attention to what the child was doing. I hope the child is going to be alright, I didn't hear if she had died or not. Hopefully not. I hope the parents think twice before they have a gun in their house again. Even an unloaded gun.

showard1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down