English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Montrose woman stands trial in death of motorcyclist

4 posters

Go down

Montrose woman stands trial in death of motorcyclist Empty Montrose woman stands trial in death of motorcyclist

Post  Blondimom3 Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:41 am

How sad that yet another life lost due to a motorcycle/car accident. The woman was driving with marijuana and cocaine in her system. The police also found several grams of heroin in her vehicle. When will people learn? She killed thed 34 year old female passenger on the motorcycle when they were struck from behind as they were making a right turn onto Webster Rd. The driver of the car claims she didnt see the motorcycle. Hmmm, go figure that one out. I would say she was pretty messed up not to be able to see it in front of her. Because of her ignorance, another young life was taken. People need to wake up and realize, that stuff gets you nowhere. If people choose to do drugs, they should just stay off the roads for evreyone else's sake. It makes me so angry because everyone needs to pay more attention to motorcycles out on the roads in the summer.

Blondimom3

Back to top Go down

Montrose woman stands trial in death of motorcyclist Empty RE: Montrose women stands trial

Post  showard1 Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:45 am

I agree that people need to be a little more careful when they are driving around motorcycles. These people have no protection around them. I know that they are aware of that when they get on that motorcycle but I feel that it is the responsibility of the drivers in the cars to be extremely careful when driving by them. I had a really good friend
whose husband was killed by a car while he was riding his motorcycle. Of course the driver had been drinking. I believe when it is your turn to go, it is your turn to go, but that is a terrible way to go. All I am saying, if you want to drink, stay home or let someone else drive you. It is almost time for the motorcycles to be out on the road again.

showard1

Back to top Go down

Montrose woman stands trial in death of motorcyclist Empty RE: Montrose women stands trial

Post  BCheely Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:00 pm

I grew up riding on the back of my dad’s motorcycle. It’s a totally different (and exciting) experience driving down the road with nothing around you to protect you. My mom was always harping on my dad to “be careful” and “cars don’t always see you” which I totally understand, but it wasn’t until I saw an accident happen right in front of me that I realized how dangerous crashes are when they involve a bike and a car. I really don’t feel like you can truly understand how dangerous it can be until you experience an accident first hand. Now whenever I’m on a bike I try to remind myself not to count on cars seeing me, unless I get direct eye contact from a driver. You have to be a defensive driver.

BCheely

Back to top Go down

Montrose woman stands trial in death of motorcyclist Empty Re: Montrose woman stands trial in death of motorcyclist

Post  Jnord Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:16 pm

This is dumb. I think this lady should get life in jail for killing that person. Drugs in her system and she hits someone? She will get driving while impaired and she should get man slaughter. Neither is punishable by life in jail. (My business law class) But for real I think this really should be.
I know riding a motorcycle is very dangerous but seriously some people are just horrid drivers. I do not know how some of these people even get licenses. I feel very strong about this because I really want to get a motorcycle in the future. Yet stuff like this kind of makes me doubt getting one.

Jnord

Back to top Go down

Montrose woman stands trial in death of motorcyclist Empty Re: Montrose woman stands trial in death of motorcyclist

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down