English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mom faces trial on death of 4 girls

4 posters

Go down

Mom faces trial on death of 4 girls Empty Mom faces trial on death of 4 girls

Post  Toby Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:15 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/11/bodies.found.ap/index.html

Picture this you walk into a room and there are 4 decomposing bodies. Its sick this women Banita Jacks, 33 will face trial on the murder of her 4 girls. The medical examiner found one girl was stabbed and the other 3 had markers on there necks as well as other trauma. A school social worker had concerns in April of 2007, and thought she was holding her kids hostage. The article really didn’t say how much time she would get if she was convicted in this trial but I would imagine it would be 4 counts of murder in the first degree.

I don’t really know what to say about this article its just sad, why would kill your 4 kids. I am just wondering if she had a mental disorder. It was certainly explain holding her kids hostage. Its just wrong and the article said the bodies were decomposing who would live in a house where there was dead bodies that doesn’t make any sense you kill your kids and you still inhabit the home. The guilt, the horrible smell and the carnage that was involved. She must have had some kind of mental disability, maybe once the trial actually gets underway they wont find her competent.

Toby

Back to top Go down

Mom faces trial on death of 4 girls Empty Re: Mom faces trial on death of 4 girls

Post  Blondimom3 Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:21 pm

Chances are the woman was mentally ill. As a mother of 3 daughters myself, i cant imagine what would possibly go through ones mind to be able to commit such a horrible crime, especially to your own children, who you are suppose to love and cherish. The woman deserves to die in prison, with or without being mentally ill. I beleive everyone is responsible for thier own actions, and at some point you would think she wouldve realized she wasnt right in the head. She couldve seeked some sort of medical attention for her condition. You hear of these sort of things and it just makes you sad to know that there are children abused every day and so many go left unspoken.

Blondimom3

Back to top Go down

Post  abuaita Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:58 pm

I agree that the mother absolutely has some mental disorder or any kind of mental problem, who would kill their own children or leave them as hostages. And how could she stay in the same house with her 4 decomposed bodies.I am glad that the school social worker noticed and got worried and asks about the girls. In my opinion I think that the mother deserve the highest charge there is in court. And I hope that the mother can find somebody inside the jail to help her psychologically.

abuaita

Back to top Go down

Post  BCheely Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:16 am

I can't imagine harming any of my family members, let alone killing them! However crazy it sounds it seems like we're hearing about things like this more and more. The reason is always that the mother had mental problems because of hormones, Postpartum Depression (a fast change in hormone levels). I think it’s a valid problem that new mothers may have, but from what I know it those types of problems happen within the first year. Her children were ages 5 to 16. If she thought killing her children for any reason was ok then I agree that something is seriously messed up in her head! Who knows what problems may have contributed to her actions.

BCheely

Back to top Go down

Mom faces trial on death of 4 girls Empty Re: Mom faces trial on death of 4 girls

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down