English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shot To Death With Her Own Gun!

2 posters

Go down

Shot To Death With Her Own Gun! Empty Shot To Death With Her Own Gun!

Post  salsagirl Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:13 pm

[url=http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/29/cop.shot.ap/index.html ]http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/29/cop.shot.ap/index.html [/url]

Wow…even people who carry weapons and well trained can not protect themselves nowadays!
Our world is getting to an extremely dangerous level, nobody is safe anymore. Just look at the U.S. alone, how many times do we hear about shootings and people dying in one day? AT LEAST once!
Well yesterday in New Orleans, Louisiana, a young officer named Nicola Cotton who is only 24 years old was shot to death with her own gun. She approached the suspect in her police cruiser and began questioning him. When she tried to handcuff him he attacked her, and they fought for about seven minutes, but the man grabbed her weapon and shot her repeatedly. "I can tell you this officer fought with a man twice her size, and she fought very courageously," said Police Superintendent Warren Riley, who was charged with energizing a demoralized police force in the 2005 storm's wake.
The suspect, Bernell Johnson, 44, stayed on the scene until other officers arrived and was arrested; police spokesman Sgt. Joe Narcisse said. He was booked on a charge of first degree murder. Fortunately the police caught the suspect, he deserves a real punishment, because those officers are the ones who look after communities and assure their security.

salsagirl

Back to top Go down

Shot To Death With Her Own Gun! Empty Shot to death with her own gun....

Post  Blondimom3 Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:06 pm

I agree, no one is safe, and it seems to just be getting worse. I feel sorry for my kids when they grow up. I am glad the laws are tougher these days to be able to get a gun. There are so many people with unregistered guns these days, its like you can buy one pretty much anytime, on the streets, or wherever. Its terrible to think that she was shot with her own gun. There are so many crazy people out there now a days that you just cant be too safe anymore.

Blondimom3

Back to top Go down