English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clinton, Obama Bickering

Go down

Clinton, Obama Bickering Empty Clinton, Obama Bickering

Post  kwest4 Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:21 pm

The bitter confrontation continues between Sen. Hillary Clinton and Sen. Barack Obama. Clinton accused Obama of not backing up his words with actions and he is saying Clinton has been willing to “fudge the truth.” At this point in the race Clinton and Obama are the first and second nominees in the Democratic race, in most national polls. In Monday night’s debate it only took minutes before the two continued their bickering. They began interrupting each other and turning to address directly to one another, instead of the panel of moderates.
The nasty exchange allowed for Sen. John Edwards to cast himself as the only candidate that seemed to care about policy discussion. He stated “Between all the allegations for Hillary serving on the Wal-Mart board, and Sen. Obama working for a slumlord, I was proud to represent the grown-up wing of the Democratic Party last night.”
Hearing about this terrible competition involving the attacking of another of the same party really frustrates me. I have always hated this aspect of politics, “let’s point out the flaws and wrong doings of my opponent, it will make me look better” attitude. I feel it makes them both look bad, giving into that kind of behavior. They are running for the same party. The even more frustrating part about this is that this is exactly what the media focuses on, and I am sure that is why they do it. The more they do it, the more air time and print they get. It is disappointing that the stand up guy of the night (John Edwards) didn’t get as much attention for staying away from that behavior. It is nice to see that he did though.

[url=Clinton, Obama Throw more Blows]http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/22/democrats.sc/index.html?iref=mpstoryview[/url]

kwest4

Back to top Go down