English 102 Hot Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One-hour parking restriction in Flint lifted!

2 posters

Go down

One-hour parking restriction in Flint lifted! Empty One-hour parking restriction in Flint lifted!

Post  salsagirl Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:22 am

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=news/local&id=5951265

Back in December an hour limit parking went in effect in downtown Flint, which made many very upset. People were mad because whoever went over the limit got a 25 dollars fine. How are people supposed to know how long they will be gone for? And whether they will need more than an hour or not!
Downtown Flint is getting larger and busier; therefore, people will need more than an hour to get some things done. Fortunately people complained and actually some of them are not planning to pay the fines. All of the nine council members voted in favor of repealing the ordinance. The one-hour parking signs are still up, but in 14 days will no longer be valid. However, people who got tickets they still need to pay them, but DDA’s Larry Ford says as of Tuesday morning tickets will not be issued.
Ford said: "We've been in the process of researching the issue of parking meters." So hopefully they will build up a ramp or something around the area, because it is really needed! I personally think that a 25 dollars fine is a little bit too much. Therefore, if they decide to set another limitation they should definitely rethink the over limit fine.

salsagirl

Back to top Go down

One-hour parking restriction in Flint lifted! Empty One-hour parking restriction in Flint lifted!

Post  abuaita Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:08 pm

I agree with you, downtown flint it’s getting much bigger and busier every year. And we definitely need more parking spaces. I am glad they ended the one hour parking because people need more than one hour to get their business done. Twenty five dollars fine was too much to pay to go over the time limit. Some people work hard to get the twenty five dollars. The other day it took me about thirty min to find a parking spot so I end up going late to my appointment. Hopefully they build a new parking garage in downtown for all people with a lower fee to pay.

abuaita

Back to top Go down